Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sim Sim is offline

Default Unable to make copy of worksheet in excel. Please help.

I am working in an Excel file that will not allow me to make a copy of the
active worksheet or move it. Nothong happens when edit copy/move is clicked.
Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like the workbook is protected from changes. Try going to Tools |
Protection and seeing if simply clicking Unprotect Workbook clears things up.

Most likely it won't if someone else set it up as protected and assigned a
password to it. You'll need a suitable password to unprotect it and do the
worksheet copying. Excel password protection for workbooks and worksheets is
pretty easily bypassed using password discovery programs that are available
on the internet.

See J.E. McGimpsey's page for more help with this:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

"Sim" wrote:

I am working in an Excel file that will not allow me to make a copy of the
active worksheet or move it. Nothong happens when edit copy/move is clicked.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sim Sim is offline

Thats the first thing we tried at the office earlier today. The worksheet is
not protected. We gave up. But we will try to copy and paste the contents of
entire worksheet to a new file and see what happens. Thanks for the reply and
link.