Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default need to substitute formula result from #### to"CHECK YOUR ENTRY"

I have a results cell that adds total time worked minus meal time.
excel displays negative time as ####.
How can I amend the formula to change #### to show "CHECK YOUR ENTRY"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

perhaps:
=IF(total time meal time, total time - meal time, "CHECK YOUR ENTRY")

"Trevor" wrote:

I have a results cell that adds total time worked minus meal time.
excel displays negative time as ####.
How can I amend the formula to change #### to show "CHECK YOUR ENTRY"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A2-B2<0,"CHECK YOUR ENTRY",A2-B2)
--
David Biddulph