Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum not adding cells.

my formula in A1 on a summary page is....

=(IF(Mon!$G8="","",(Mon!E8)))

the formula in B1 is the same, except if references Tues! etc for C1 is
Wed!, D1 is Thurs!, etc.

However, when G8 is blank, A1, B1 etc is not blank also, but shows DIV/0!

So, when I go to add A1 through G1 (mon-Sunday), I also get DIV/0!
I've tried putting 0's in the G8's on the Mon, Tues....sheets, no luck.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't see it.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,
is there a formula in Mon!G8? if so your if formula wont work. it's looking
for an empty cell.

regards
FSt1

"carrera" wrote:

my formula in A1 on a summary page is....

=(IF(Mon!$G8="","",(Mon!E8)))

the formula in B1 is the same, except if references Tues! etc for C1 is
Wed!, D1 is Thurs!, etc.

However, when G8 is blank, A1, B1 etc is not blank also, but shows DIV/0!

So, when I go to add A1 through G1 (mon-Sunday), I also get DIV/0!
I've tried putting 0's in the G8's on the Mon, Tues....sheets, no luck.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't see it.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Presumably Mon!G8 isn't actually blank, but has some content, even if only
spaces or other non-printing characters?
What does =LEN(Mon!$G8) show?

Also, you can lose some of the unnecessary parentheses.
=IF(Mon!$G8="","",Mon!E8)
--
David Biddulph

"carrera" wrote in message
my formula in A1 on a summary page is....

=(IF(Mon!$G8="","",(Mon!E8)))

the formula in B1 is the same, except if references Tues! etc for C1 is
Wed!, D1 is Thurs!, etc.

However, when G8 is blank, A1, B1 etc is not blank also, but shows DIV/0!

So, when I go to add A1 through G1 (mon-Sunday), I also get DIV/0!
I've tried putting 0's in the G8's on the Mon, Tues....sheets, no luck.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't see it.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ah! yes, there is a formula in G8.

I switched the formula to referance D8, which is blank, but still an
indicator of whether I want an amount on the summary page.

Thanks!!!