Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Default Filtering

I have Office 2003. In Excel, I am attempting to do auto-filtering, and I am
running into a problem: items are appearing that should not appear.

I highlighted my worksheet, clicked Data, Filter, and then AutoFilter. Under
the title Service, I clicked the down-pointing arrow and then clicked
Development. Three items for Development were returned, but Family Portraits
was also returned at the top:
.... Family Portraits ....
.... Development ....
.... Development ....
.... Development ....

When I attempted to filtr the top three amounts, the return was the top
three amounts plus 490.50: 490.50, 1,169.60, 817.50, 953.50, and 817.50. And
there are three items higher than 490 (615, 650, 712).

What can I be doing wrong to cause these incorrect returns?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to have a header or else Excel assumes the top value is the header,
according to you there is a header (title) called "Service" which means
Excel is not using it correctly. So reapply the filter, do
datafilterremove the filter, then physically select the whole table
including headers with your mouse, then finally apply the filter again. That
should fix it

Peo Sjoblom

"jfg" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Thank you very much, Peo. Now I am beginning to understand that sometimes
Office programs do not execute properly and that the solution is a simple
reexecute.