Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ed Ed is offline

Default Help with filtering...

I have two columns of similar data - how do I set up a filter to return (or
enter into another column) the data that is only in one column? Ex, column
"ALL" has the letters A-Z in it, while column "some" has just consonants. How
can I set up a filter to return just the vowels that are missing from the
"some" column? Thanks in advance -
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

Add a column to your table:

A2:A27 = ALL
B2:B22 = SOME
C2:C27 = this formula entered in C2 and copied down:

=COUNTIF(B$2:B$22,A2)

Filter on column C = 0

Biff