Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Clearing the autocomplete list in a cell

Oh Wise Ones,
I have stumbled upon this before but I cannot
remember how I did it. I would like to clear the list that excel uses to
complete a cell editing when you start typing. If someone could steer me in
the right direction, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There isn't a list to clear it uses the cells above the one you are typing in
and as soon as there is no ambiguity Excel offers an auto-complete option.
All you can do is trun it off with:-

Tools|Options|Edit

Mike