Papa John

Default Excel 2000: Options-View-Show-Windows in Taskbar resets everytime.

Excel 2000: Options-View-Show-Windows in Taskbar resets everytime I load a
shared workbook. It's very anoying. Does anyone know how to stop this
happening?

Thanks
Gord Dibben

John

This is a bug with shared workbooks in Office 2000 and it seems there never
was a fix for it.

Excel 2002 has corrected the bug.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:05:02 -0800, Papa John <Papa
wrote:

Excel 2000: Options-View-Show-Windows in Taskbar resets everytime I load a
shared workbook. It's very anoying. Does anyone know how to stop this
happening?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Forgot to add a workaround by Dave Peterson.

Maybe you could use a workbook that checks this setting each time it could get
changed:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th...F659%40msn.com

Gord

wrote:

Excel 2000: Options-View-Show-Windows in Taskbar resets everytime I load a
shared workbook. It's very anoying. Does anyone know how to stop this
happening?

Thanks

Papa John

Thanks for your help. The workaround by Dave Peterson seems to do the trick.
Anyway it'll have to do until our IT dept gets around to upgrading our
software.

Thanks again

Papa John