Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mic Mic is offline

Default Excel 2000 Column Format not changing.

Hi All,

I have imported a CSV file into Excel as Text.
The Text Format in question is a column showing: 8.30
I want the Column to show 08.30
What I have done is formate Column to Custom 00.00

The data in the Column does not refresh, unless I double click in each cell.
Is there another way to refresh this data as a whole sheet or a column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That custom format would only work on a something already using a numerical
format, and I'm sure what you started with was a text format. Forcing Excel
to see a number-as-text value as truly numerical is simple.

Solution:

-Find a blank cell
-Apply the format you want
-Enter 1 into the cell (make sure it displays as 01.00)
-Copy the cell
-Select all the cells you want to apply the format to
-EditPaste Special*Multiply*Values & Number Formats (OK)

HTH,