Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculating filtered results

I believe that before '07, there was some way I could have a sum formula (or
some derivation of it) that only summed the visible elements of a filtered
list. Any help on what the method is for that?
--
Boris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try
=SUBTOTAL(9,A1:A100)
for XL2002 and earlier to sum only visible rows from a filtered list.

In XL2003 there was the addition of any rows that were visible, whether
the filter was a result of an Autofilter, or manually hiding rows. That
uses
=SUBTOTAL(109,A1:A100)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"BorisS" wrote in message
I believe that before '07, there was some way I could have a sum
formula (or
some derivation of it) that only summed the visible elements of a
filtered
list. Any help on what the method is for that?
--
Boris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Boris

=SUBTOTAL(109,B4:B9) totals visible rows

as opposed to:

=SUBTOTAL(9,B4:B9) totals all rows

Regards

Trevor

"BorisS" wrote in message
I believe that before '07, there was some way I could have a sum formula
(or
some derivation of it) that only summed the visible elements of a filtered
list. Any help on what the method is for that?
--
Boris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look up help on the SUBTOTAL function. It can be used to include/exclude
filtered values in a variety of calculations (sum, count, average, etc...).
It works great in Excel 2003, but I believe its uses may have been more
limited in earlier versions.

HTH,
Elkar

"BorisS" wrote:

I believe that before '07, there was some way I could have a sum formula (or
some derivation of it) that only summed the visible elements of a filtered
list. Any help on what the method is for that?
--
Boris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I thought that SUBTOTAL(2, ...) did a COUNT, not a SUM?
--
David Biddulph

"Eric" wrote in message
I just use: