Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LAF LAF is offline

Default Delimiter in CSV files

Hi,

I want to know HOW TO change the file delimiter in CSV for Excel 2002.

Thanks,

Marc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LAF LAF is offline

Thanks for the Quick reply.

Unfortunatly I don't know I thing about MACROS in Excel. I read your
solution, looks good, but I guess I have to put that in a macro!!!

If so, can you tell how to create a macro. I have to use that macro in lots
of spreadsheet, is a MACRO propriatary to one spreadsheet??

Thanks,

Marc.

LAF wrote:

Hi,

I want to know HOW TO change the file delimiter in CSV for Excel 2002.

Thanks,

Marc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about changing your windows regional setting list separator?

Remember to change it back when you're done (and to toggle it when you need it
the next time).

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mic Mic is offline

I am not a pro at this stuff, but I did notice that in excel 2000, when I
went to the drop down menu:
Data, Text to Columns...
Then I went through the process of a csv import and selected the settings I
normally use, (I always us comma delimeter not tab), and at the last step I
hit cancel, that setting became the default setting.