Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing the default delimiter

Hello,
When one is pasting text into Excel from somewhere the default delimiter is
'tab' between cells, and a carriage return starts a new row.

This is pretty logical, but is there a facility to change the default 'tab'
delimiter to something else (like a space or a comma)?
This would be ultra useful and save creating a csv file or using text to
columns.

Can I be so bold as to suggest that there be an option under Tools Options ?

If there is a way to do this all input gladly received.

Thanks,

--
Lucas A
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No option, but quite a useful requirement.

Excel will basically use the last "Text to Columns" settings.

I wrote this macro years ago, so that after I had been using different
settings,
I could reset it.

Sub Txt2C_Space()
'
' Txt_to_Cols delimited on Space
' Macro recorded 03/10/2001 by me to reset Txt to Cols conversion to Space
'
Selection.TextToColumns DataType:=xlDelimited, _
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=True,
Tab:=False, _
Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=True, Other:=False
End Sub

I keep mine in Personal.xls, and have aded it to my Menu

Steve