Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Formula

Can you please help me with this problem; I have 2 Columns, with 5 Rows each
or any amount of rows, for example Column A contains the following numbers 3,
,4, ,2 and column B Contains 1,2,3,4,5. What I want to do is Compare both
columns and if the rows contain any numbers (rows 1,3 and 5 in this example),
I want the column A numbers to be added so in this example since row number
1,3 and 5 match, I want them added which in this case would equal 9. Thanks
in advance.

Hiran
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

Perhaps you could try:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(B1:B5)), A1:A5)

"HIRAN" wrote:

Can you please help me with this problem; I have 2 Columns, with 5 Rows each
or any amount of rows, for example Column A contains the following numbers 3,
,4, ,2 and column B Contains 1,2,3,4,5. What I want to do is Compare both
columns and if the rows contain any numbers (rows 1,3 and 5 in this example),
I want the column A numbers to be added so in this example since row number
1,3 and 5 match, I want them added which in this case would equal 9. Thanks
in advance.

Hiran

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the values in column A are unique (or if you want to count each
instance of the number in column A), one way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(COUNTIF(B1:B100,A1:A100)0),A1:A100)