LLL

Default Why doesn't Save as work over the network?

Since Service Pack 2 was installed on my XP machine I can no longer do a Save
as function over my internal network on to my Windows 98 machine. Nothing
else has changed.
Why?

LLL

Thanks. That sort of confirmed what I thought but I can't find a way round it.

" wrote:

hi,
not sure but guessing the the built in firewall.
what to do? not sure i don't have sp2 yet.

Gord Dibben

Was not SP2 that did the deed, but a subsequent update on Feb 7th or 8th.

Reports indicate the issue is caused by Windows XP update Q885250.

Uninstalling it appears to resolve the problem.

To uninstall Q885250 go to Control PanelsAdd Remove and click on "Show
Updates".

Scroll to Q885250 and uninstall it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP