Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2003: Freezing spreadsheet

Hi
The spreadsheet freezes, I can not select a cell or carryout any formatting
at all, I have to close by carring out CtrlALTDel. May mouse takes the form
of a rectanualr page.
Can anyone help.
This sometimes occurs as soon as i open the spreadsheet whil other times
will let me open and occur after a short period of time when I have added
data.
I have tried reloading EXCEL but this does not seem to make any difference
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Some additional information re the above query. When i open the worksheet as
soon as I select a cell, it is selected but as i move the mouse all the other
cell are selected as well and i can not get out of this situation unless i
close down the worksheet, I can not select anything else, its as if the mouse
is holding the key down permemently.

"BPadfield" wrote:

Hi
The spreadsheet freezes, I can not select a cell or carryout any formatting
at all, I have to close by carring out CtrlALTDel. May mouse takes the form
of a rectanualr page.
Can anyone help.
This sometimes occurs as soon as i open the spreadsheet whil other times
will let me open and occur after a short period of time when I have added
data.
I have tried reloading EXCEL but this does not seem to make any difference
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

It sounds as though you are in Extended mode and you should see EXT
appearing on your status bar at the bottom of the page.
Press F8 to toggle extended mode off, and you cell selection with the
mouse will return to normal.

If that is not the cause - BANG the mouse. It may have got stuck!!!

--
Regards

Roger Govier