Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Place number into Cell Based on Match

ColA ColB ColC ColD ColE
A1 xxxx1111 yyyy2222 A2 100
A2 yyyy2222 bbbb5555 A5 200
A3 zzzz3333
A4 aaaa4444
A5 bbbb5555

Based on a search to identify items in ColC to see if they matched ColA the
cell location was returned in ColD based on the following formula:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C1,A:A,0)),"A"&MATCH(C1,A:A,0), "no"). Now I want to take
the $ in ColE and move it to ColB where ColC and ColA match. I need to
repeat this for a lot of items. If you need more info let me know.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

If I interpret what you want corrently,
in B1
=if(countif(C:C,A1)0,index(E:E,match(A1,C:C,0))
and copy down
is one of your options.