Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 - Where is the Accept Labels in Formulas Option?

In Excel 2003, on the tools menu options command, calculation tab, there was
an accept labels in formulas checkbox; Where did that feature disappear to in
2007? TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where did that feature disappear to in 2007?

You're correct in saying it's disappeared. It was removed. Here's a list of
things that have disappeared:

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...24/718786.aspx

You'll find the labels explanation near the top of the article.

Biff

"headly" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, on the tools menu options command, calculation tab, there
was
an accept labels in formulas checkbox; Where did that feature disappear to
in
2007? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Thanks TV

Microsoft truly sucks. I'm an Office Master Instructor who teaches excel to
about 2000 students per year; I'll be sure to continue to tell them how
upgrading to 2007 was a huge mistake.

"headly" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, on the tools menu options command, calculation tab, there
was
an accept labels in formulas checkbox; Where did that feature disappear to
in
2007? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In fairness, the labels in formula feature was not frequently used, and when
it was used it was often not used properly. This was part of the rationale
for its removal.

I agree that many characteristics of Office 2007 are less desirable than
those of previous releases.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP