Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMM JMM is offline

Default Excel IF formula

I would like to write an IF formula that states the following
IF((A2=A1) and (B2=B1), TRUE, FALSE)
it doesn't seem to work
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(AND(A2=A1,B2=B1),TRUE,FALSE)

"JMM" wrote in message
I would like to write an IF formula that states the following
IF((A2=A1) and (B2=B1), TRUE, FALSE)
it doesn't seem to work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMM JMM is offline

Perfect!!!!! tyvm

"PCLIVE" wrote:

=IF(AND(A2=A1,B2=B1),TRUE,FALSE)

"JMM" wrote in message
I would like to write an IF formula that states the following
IF((A2=A1) and (B2=B1), TRUE, FALSE)
it doesn't seem to work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(AND(A2=A1,B2=B1),TRUE,FALSE)

I think the IF part of the formula can be eliminated completely...

=AND(A2=A1,B2=B1)

Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are correct. But if the OP decides to do something other than "TRUE"
"FALSE", then they will need to apply the IF statement.
Thanks for the simplification.

Regards,
Paul

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
=IF(AND(A2=A1,B2=B1),TRUE,FALSE)

I think the IF part of the formula can be eliminated completely...

=AND(A2=A1,B2=B1)

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMM JMM is offline

Rick,

This one didn't seem to work but leaving teh IF in worked fine. ty

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

=IF(AND(A2=A1,B2=B1),TRUE,FALSE)

I think the IF part of the formula can be eliminated completely...

=AND(A2=A1,B2=B1)

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Now you've got us worried.

As a matter of interest, what values do you have in A1, A2, B1, and B2, that
cause =IF(AND(A2=A1,B2=B1),TRUE,FALSE)
to give a different answer from what you get with =AND(A2=A1,B2=B1) ?
Are you 100% sure that you've got the formulae right? Did you copy them
from the newsgroup into your spreadsheet, or did you retype them?
When you say that =AND(A2=A1,B2=B1) didn't seem to work, what answer did you
get for which inputs?
--
David Biddulph