Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Overtime

How do I calculate using a 8 hour and 40 hour overtime formula? What I am
working on is I have three roll of days off with pay, regular hours and
overtime. We use 40 hour overtime formula for regular hour overtime, but have
to use 8 hour over for days off. Example:
A B C D E F G H I
1 Hour Type Mon Tues Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun Total
2 Days off 0 0 15 10 0 0 10 35
3 Regular 15 15 0 0 18 16 0 64
4 Overtime ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

We have to use 8 hour overtime rules when they work on their days off with
pay any thing over 8 hour is over time. On regular hours any over 40 hours
for week period is overtime. How to use formula for 40 and 8 hour for
overtime?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Curtis

If I understand your question correctly, in B4 enter
=IF(B20,MAX(0,(B2-8)),0)
The total overtime would be
=SUM(B4:H4)+I4+MAX(0,I3-40)
which by pure coincidence works out at 35 hours - the same as hours
worked on Days off.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Curtis" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wouldn't:
=max(0,b2-8)

be equivalent to:
=IF(B20,MAX(0,(B2-8)),0)

"Curtis" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How right you are Dave.
But the Welsh always were a bit verbose<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message