Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Overtime

How right you are Dave.
But the Welsh always were a bit verbose<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Wouldn't:
=max(0,b2-8)

be equivalent to:
=IF(B20,MAX(0,(B2-8)),0)

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Curtis

If I understand your question correctly, in B4 enter
=IF(B20,MAX(0,(B2-8)),0)
The total overtime would be
=SUM(B4:H4)+I4+MAX(0,I3-40)
which by pure coincidence works out at 35 hours - the same as hours
worked on Days off.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Curtis" wrote in message
How do I calculate using a 8 hour and 40 hour overtime formula?
What I
am
working on is I have three roll of days off with pay, regular hours
and
overtime. We use 40 hour overtime formula for regular hour
overtime,
but have
to use 8 hour over for days off. Example:
A B C D E F G H
1 Hour Type Mon Tues Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun Total
2 Days off 0 0 15 10 0 0 10
35
3 Regular 15 15 0 0 18 16 0
64
4 Overtime ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

We have to use 8 hour overtime rules when they work on their days
off
with
pay any thing over 8 hour is over time. On regular hours any over
40
hours
for week period is overtime. How to use formula for 40 and 8 hour
for
overtime?

--

Dave Peterson