Ken

Default Filter Switches vs Sheet Protection?

Excel 2000 ... TabSheet contains "Filter" Switches ...
However, when I "Protect" TabSheet "Filter" Switches
appear to deactivate ... That said ... is there a way to
set TabSheet Protection so "Filter" Switches will still
work???

Thanks ... Kha
Jason Morin

I believe with XL2000 you need to use:

With ActiveSheet
.Protect Password:="hello", UserInterfaceOnly:=True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
End With

With XL2003 you have the option of setting it when you
protect the sheet, or you could use:

With ActiveSheet
.Protect Password:="hello", AllowFiltering:=True
End With

---
HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Ken

Jason ... I put Macro into my spread sheet & gave it a
name ... & ran it ... & it worked as though TabSheet was
password "Protected" with "Hello".

After unprotecting ... "Filters" appeared to work fine
regardless if sheet ... not protected, protected w/o
password, & protected with password (this is fine).

However, I would prefer this capability with "Protection"
only (instead of "Password Protection") ... That said ...
what little giration do I need to make to this Macro to
make this happen??? ... Thanks ... Kha

.Protect Password:="hello", UserInterfaceOnly:=True
.EnableAutoFilter = True
End With

With XL2003 you have the option of setting it when you
protect the sheet, or you could use:

With ActiveSheet
.Protect Password:="hello", AllowFiltering:=True
End With

---
HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Excel 2000 ... TabSheet contains "Filter" Switches ...
However, when I "Protect" TabSheet "Filter" Switches
appear to deactivate ... That said ... is there a way to
set TabSheet Protection so "Filter" Switches will still
work???

Thanks ... Kha
.

.