Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vertical - Center Across Selection

Is is possible to use Center Across Selection or something similar for a few
cells in a column, for example E4:E7?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Vertical - Center Across Selection

Yes, it is possible to use the "Center Across Selection" feature or something similar for a few cells in a column. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select the cells that you want to center across. In this case, select cells E4:E7.
  2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu.
  3. In the "Format Cells" dialog box, go to the "Alignment" tab.
  4. Under the "Horizontal" section, choose "Center Across Selection" from the drop-down menu.
  5. Click "OK" to apply the formatting.

This will center the contents of the selected cells across the width of the cells, similar to the "Center Across Selection" feature. Note that this formatting will only apply to the selected cells, not the entire column.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can if the cells are merged first.

smccarvi wrote:

Is is possible to use Center Across Selection or something similar for a few
cells in a column, for example E4:E7?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Only if you use merge, although it is rubbish!

Cheers

Dazza

"smccarvi" wrote:

Is is possible to use Center Across Selection or something similar for a few
cells in a column, for example E4:E7?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Now that's a cute question!

With the E1:E5 cell selected you could do Merge and Center and then do
Vertical, Center.

Of course this is really not quite the same thing.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"smccarvi" wrote:

Is is possible to use Center Across Selection or something similar for a few
cells in a column, for example E4:E7?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, type your entry into the first cell (E4) and then select all 3 cells,
use Format | Cells | [Alignment] and in the Horizontal alignment selection
you can choose Center Across Selection.

"smccarvi" wrote:

Is is possible to use Center Across Selection or something similar for a few
cells in a column, for example E4:E7?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Merge them and then use the vertical centring under the alignment section of
Format Cells window.

Andrea Jones
www.stratatraining.co.uk
www.allaboutoffice.co.uk

"smccarvi" wrote:

Is is possible to use Center Across Selection or something similar for a few
cells in a column, for example E4:E7?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My apology - I misread things - I realize you're looking for VERTICAL
centering, not horizontal centering. For that you would need to merge the
cells involved and then choose the Cell | Format | Alignment and center
vertically.

Having difficulty viewing things in IE browser today, so if this is a repeat
answer, again my apologies, I can't even see my original reply at the moment.

"smccarvi" wrote:

Is is possible to use Center Across Selection or something similar for a few
cells in a column, for example E4:E7?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, but it would keep the upper left data entry. If you want hte data to
be displayed from bottom to top, do this:

Format Cells - Alignment - Change to 90 Degrees
Change VERTICAL alignment to CENTER

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"smccarvi" wrote:

Is is possible to use Center Across Selection or something similar for a few
cells in a column, for example E4:E7?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's easy, all you have to do is highlight the cells you want centered, then
right click and select "Format Cells" then select the "Allignment" tab select
the drop down box for either Horizontal or Verticle and select center.

Good Luck!

"smccarvi" wrote:

Is is possible to use Center Across Selection or something similar for a few
cells in a column, for example E4:E7?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Merge the cells together (Highlight the cells, Format, Cell, Alignment, Merge
Cells). On the same tab, also choose Vertical (alignment) Center.