Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF Formula Help

Hi there. Here is my dilemma

Columns
A B C D
Row 1 TRUE FALSE FALSE TRUE

I would like to put a formula in cell E1 that says something to this effect:

If A1 or B1 or C1 equals False, then False. However, if D1 equals True (No
matter what happens in A1, B1, or C1) then True.

Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=OR(AND(A1,B1,C1),D1)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200726

"Fgbdrum" wrote:

Hi there. Here is my dilemma

Columns
A B C D
Row 1 TRUE FALSE FALSE TRUE

I would like to put a formula in cell E1 that says something to this effect:

If A1 or B1 or C1 equals False, then False. However, if D1 equals True (No
matter what happens in A1, B1, or C1) then True.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ttry this:
=IF(D1=TRUE,TRUE,IF(OR(A1=TRUE,B1=TRUE,C1=TRUE),TR UE,FALSE))

Typically, if you are looking to evaluate text you would need to put the
text in quotes but TRUE and False are not text to excel.