-   -   IF Formula Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144881-if-formula-help.html)

Fgbdrum

IF Formula Help

Hi there. Here is my dilemma

Columns
A B C D
Row 1 TRUE FALSE FALSE TRUE

I would like to put a formula in cell E1 that says something to this effect:

If A1 or B1 or C1 equals False, then False. However, if D1 equals True (No
matter what happens in A1, B1, or C1) then True.

Thanks for the help.

Gary''s Student

IF Formula Help

=OR(AND(A1,B1,C1),D1)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200726

"Fgbdrum" wrote:

Hi there. Here is my dilemma

Columns
A B C D
Row 1 TRUE FALSE FALSE TRUE

I would like to put a formula in cell E1 that says something to this effect:

If A1 or B1 or C1 equals False, then False. However, if D1 equals True (No
matter what happens in A1, B1, or C1) then True.

Thanks for the help.

Kristin Broggi

IF Formula Help

Ttry this:
=IF(D1=TRUE,TRUE,IF(OR(A1=TRUE,B1=TRUE,C1=TRUE),TR UE,FALSE))

Typically, if you are looking to evaluate text you would need to put the
text in quotes but TRUE and False are not text to excel.

"Fgbdrum" wrote:

Hi there. Here is my dilemma

Columns
A B C D
Row 1 TRUE FALSE FALSE TRUE

I would like to put a formula in cell E1 that says something to this effect:

If A1 or B1 or C1 equals False, then False. However, if D1 equals True (No
matter what happens in A1, B1, or C1) then True.

Thanks for the help.

PCLIVE

IF Formula Help

Maybe this:

=IF(D1=TRUE,TRUE,IF(COUNTIF(A1:C1,FALSE)0,FALSE,T RUE))

HTH,
Paul

"Fgbdrum" wrote in message
Hi there. Here is my dilemma

Columns
A B C D
Row 1 TRUE FALSE FALSE TRUE

I would like to put a formula in cell E1 that says something to this
effect:

If A1 or B1 or C1 equals False, then False. However, if D1 equals True (No
matter what happens in A1, B1, or C1) then True.

Thanks for the help.

JonR

IF Formula Help

=IF(D1=TRUE,TRUE,IF(A1=TRUE,IF(B1=TRUE,IF(C1=TRUE, TRUE,FALSE),FALSE),FALSE))

--
HTH

JonR

"Fgbdrum" wrote:

Hi there. Here is my dilemma

Columns
A B C D
Row 1 TRUE FALSE FALSE TRUE

I would like to put a formula in cell E1 that says something to this effect:

If A1 or B1 or C1 equals False, then False. However, if D1 equals True (No
matter what happens in A1, B1, or C1) then True.

Thanks for the help.

Bob I

IF Formula Help

Or this