Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Formula

I have an excel workbook where I need to add a formula that adds Size Cost
and Amount together. I work in reprographics and the sheet adds up variuos
types of prints against a cost and number of copies. I tried to use an IF
formula but there are too many variables. If you can imagine there are A4
B/W A3 B/W A4 Colour A3 Colour etc. I have set a number against these to make
it easier to track e.g. A4 B/W =1 A3 B/W = 12 A4 Colour = 2 A3 Colour = 22.
THen I need to track these against cost and number of prints. Can anyone help
me as it is driving me crazy.

Thank you in advance

P.S. Is it possible to load the sheet to show what I mean?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to create a table of the costt for one item of each print and then
use vlookup. a formula can be used when to calculate total cost and reduced
costt if more than one print is orders.

I would set up in row one columns for b/W, color (more columns if there are
different quality prints like gloss) starting in column b. In column A
starting in row 2 I would have the print sizes. then fill in the table with
you costs.

VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,ran ge_lookup)

use vlookup to find the szie of the print (lookup_table)
table_array is the range of the entire table
col_index will be a different number depending on B/w or color, or any other
quality columns
range_lookup will be false.