Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Since loading Office 2007 MSNstockquotes does not work ??

Help !
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"RolloBurgess" wrote:

Help !

I too am having this problem when I open and try to update my existing Excel
portfolio and watch list files, (.xls) which were created with my Office XP
2003.

Now that I've installed the New OGA Office Home & Student 2007 the NEW Excel
program will not work.

How do I correct the following Error?

=MSNStockQuote($A2,"Last Price","US") now only displays the #VALUE! error.

Any and All help from you fine people is appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Greetings Rollo;

I'm a member of TMFool http://www.fool.com/ and there are many 'experts'
concerning PCs and programs such as Excel.

I posted a request on the Spreadsheet Advice board asking for assistance on
this specific problem - I just checked if anyone has replied this morning but
nothing yet - I remain hopeful there will be someone else who has experienced
this situation also.

I'll keep checking back here too and when and 'if' someone replies to my
request, I'll post it here.

Thanks MS for the "surprises" with the new format on Excel - NOT! :((

I didn't need anymore aggravation, especially after the "normal" glitches I
just went through with updating my Office software from Office 11 or XP Pro
2003 to this new Office 12 2007 version.

Good luck Rollo, I'll stay in touch.

~Tilde

"~Tilde in WA" wrote:

"RolloBurgess" wrote:

Help !

I too am having this problem when I open and try to update my existing Excel
portfolio and watch list files, (.xls) which were created with my Office XP
2003.

Now that I've installed the New OGA Office Home & Student 2007 the NEW Excel
program will not work.

How do I correct the following Error?

=MSNStockQuote($A2,"Last Price","US") now only displays the #VALUE! error.

Any and All help from you fine people is appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

RolloBurgess wrote:
Help !

Have you installed the addin? I have no problem with running
MSNStockQuotes in Excel 2007, once I realized that the addin menu shows
up on the addin ribbon.

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

RolloBurgess wrote:
Thanks Bill,
How do you install the add-in ?

Click Office Button, click Excel Options at bottom, select Add-ins.
MSNStockQuotes Function and User Interface add-in should be listed
there, since you were using them in Excel 2003. If not you may have to
download the addin from Microsoft. Look for "add-in programs" in Excel help.

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi again Rollo;

Just to give you some feedback, I've tried 'everything' Bill has recommended
and I STILL can't get the bloody add-ins to update my EXISTING .xls (Excel
2003.xls) files to retrieve stock price quotes from moneycentral.msn.com!

But I did figure out a WORK AROUND. I finally added or inserted another
worksheet tab and named it "External Data" then I imported the watchlist,
portfolio, what-ever you want to call them from Yahoo!.com. I have several
lists of stocks so I just IMPORTED the list to the External Data sheet.

I then went to the Front sheet (tab) and placed the formula ='External
Data'!H3 into the the B3 cell adjacent to the Ticker Symbol, and grabbed this
cell (B3) with the 'handle' (the little square thingy in the lower right
corner) and dragged or filled it down my list of other Tickers, filling the B
Column with the appropriate matching Last Price displayed in the External
Data sheet.

Now I just use the Refresh Data icon (Data tab - connections) and the
external data will refresh all stock prices!

What a freakin' JOKE this new Excel 2007 program is !! I'd replace it with
the OLD Office XP suite of programs in a New York minute - MS SUCKS - big
time!