Guillermo

Default making graphs ignore "blank " cells

Hello:
I have a list of data, but some of the data are invalid and should not be
taken into consideration (i.e if the data is zero)
so I have a graph that comes from a range, which includes expression just
like the following one

if(A5=0,"",A5*5+10)
if(A6=0,"",A6*5+10)
if(A7=0,"",A7*5+10)

This expression will make a blank cell in case A5 is zero, however it will
affect the result of my X-Y scatter graph.
Is there a way to put a character instead of "" so that the graph won't be
affected (in other words, I want the graph to think it is simply a blank
cell, and to have the same behavior as if the cell was blank. I use excel
2000.

thanks...

guillermo

CyberTaz

The plotting is based on data being stored in consecutive columns and rows.
The recommendation is that the main body of data be set up that way and that
formula links be created elsewhere in the workbook for the purpose of
printing or other layout purpose. Charting then becomes a snap.

You can select non-contiguous ranges of cell for plotting puposes by using
the Ctrl key, but I do not believe it will solve your particular problem.

Hope this is useful |:)

"Guillermo" wrote:

Hello:
I have a list of data, but some of the data are invalid and should not be
taken into consideration (i.e if the data is zero)
so I have a graph that comes from a range, which includes expression just
like the following one

if(A5=0,"",A5*5+10)
if(A6=0,"",A6*5+10)
if(A7=0,"",A7*5+10)

This expression will make a blank cell in case A5 is zero, however it will
affect the result of my X-Y scatter graph.
Is there a way to put a character instead of "" so that the graph won't be
affected (in other words, I want the graph to think it is simply a blank
cell, and to have the same behavior as if the cell was blank. I use excel
2000.

thanks...

guillermo

Guillermo

awesome.

thanks,

guillermo...
Atlanta, GA as well....

"Jason Morin" wrote in message
=if(A5=0,na(),A5*5+10)

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

[...]

Guillermo

yea, because the way I have the data, it is not possible for me to have
everthing consecutively.
Jason's suggestion was what I was looking for.

but thanks also :)

guillermo