Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Averages

My question is...I have an Excel workbook with numerous sheets (one for each
week) and on each sheet I am entering a 5 day minimum sales amount (column C)
a 30 day minimum sales amount (column G) and a 90 day minimum sales amount
(column K). I am them going back at the end of the week, I am entering in
the actual sales amount for that week in columns F, J & N for the respective
period. I then have a column that produces the accuracy for the 5, 30 & 90
days (columns E, I & M). I want to do an Aggregate sheet with the accuracy
percentage for all the weeks combined. I am having a hard time coming up
with the formula. I thought I could take the accuracy column and average it
by the number of weeks but I guess you can't do an average of an average.

HELP!!!!! Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Kim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On May 31, 6:07 pm, Kimbe wrote:
My question is...I have an Excel workbook with numerous sheets (one for each
week) and on each sheet I am entering a 5 day minimum sales amount (column C)
a 30 day minimum sales amount (column G) and a 90 day minimum sales amount
(column K). I am them going back at the end of the week, I am entering in
the actual sales amount for that week in columns F, J & N for the respective
period. I then have a column that produces the accuracy for the 5, 30 & 90
days (columns E, I & M). I want to do an Aggregate sheet with the accuracy
percentage for all the weeks combined. I am having a hard time coming up
with the formula. I thought I could take the accuracy column and average it
by the number of weeks but I guess you can't do an average of an average.

HELP!!!!! Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

Kim,
You CAN take averages of averages. Although I don't fully understand
the problem, you can try a 3D reference. If all the values in the
various sheets are in the same cell (e.g. C32) then you can use a
formula like:

=AVERAGE(start:end!C32)

What you need for this is that all the sheets are arranged
consecutively, start being the first one and end being the last one in
the group.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides