Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HOW DO I SORT DATA USING A SPECIFIC CHARACTER IN A CELL

I am trying to sort a large excel worksheet using a specific column.

Unfortunately the complication includes the fact that the column is alpha
numeric, and that even worse, I am trying to sub sort by a numeric value -
the final two digits.

ie. A1200-11
A1200-12

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On May 31, 6:06 pm, GEORGE wrote:
I am trying to sort a large excel worksheet using a specific column.

Unfortunately the complication includes the fact that the column is alpha
numeric, and that even worse, I am trying to sub sort by a numeric value -
the final two digits.

ie. A1200-11
A1200-12

To get the final two digits of A2 in a separate column as numeric use
=--RIGHT(A2,2)

Regarding the rest, we need to know HOW you want the numbers sorted.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides