Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to disable Pop up file information

I'd like to disable the pop up feature that Excel (and Word, and probably all
Microsoft products) uses when looking for files under the File-Open commands.

For example, I click on the open file icon and get a list of files in a
folder. As I'm scrolling down the list to look for the file I want, my view
is constantly obscured because Pop up information appears for every file my
cursor is over. It gives me info on Title, Author, Date, and Size of the
file.

I find this very distracting, and would really like to turn this feature
off. Does anyone know how?

Thanks,
Ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ron

Run the edit on Kelly's site:
Line 11: Disable Balloon Tips or Disable All

See the top of the page for info on running the edit.

I would run the Disable All which takes care of your problem.

Note: this also disables the callouts in Explorer.

Maybe best to create a Restore Point before running disableall.reg file just
in case you don't like it.

Or edit the *.reg file as you see fit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP