Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ExcelRon ExcelRon is offline

Default How to disable Pop up file information

I'd like to disable the pop up feature that Excel (and Word, and probably all
Microsoft products) uses when looking for files under the File-Open commands.

For example, I click on the open file icon and get a list of files in a
folder. As I'm scrolling down the list to look for the file I want, my view
is constantly obscured because Pop up information appears for every file my
cursor is over. It gives me info on Title, Author, Date, and Size of the
file.

I find this very distracting, and would really like to turn this feature
off. Does anyone know how?

Thanks,
Ron