Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAL RAL is offline

Default Fomula when adding the same cell across multiple tabs

I know there is a way to add the same cell (say G3) across multiple tabs,
without simply Pointing to each cell on each tab. I cannot remember how.
Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select all sheets where you want this to happen (hold down shift and click
the first and the last or hold down ctrl and click them one by one), it is
important that when you are done that you ungroup them (right click any tab
and select ungroup) or else you might create a mess.

Peo Sjoblom

"RAL" wrote in message
I know there is a way to add the same cell (say G3) across multiple tabs,
without simply Pointing to each cell on each tab. I cannot remember how.
Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The sheets have to be in sequential order:

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet10!G3)

Or, you can create a sheet sandwich where the order doesn't matter. Insert
an empty sheet named Start to the immediate left of the first sheet you want
to include in the formula. Insert another empty sheet named End to the
immediate right of the last sheet you want to include in the formula. Then:

=SUM(Start:End!G3)

Any sheet in the sandwich will be included in the formula.

Biff

"RAL" wrote in message
I know there is a way to add the same cell (say G3) across multiple tabs,
without simply Pointing to each cell on each tab. I cannot remember how.
Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Biff

"RAL" wrote in message