Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to get actual percentage format instead of 100 multiplied

Hi all€¦.

In excel I am have a simple problem with % number format.
If a number assigned to % symbol it is multiplied with 100 and giving %
symbol.
For example if we assign % symbol to 12, it shows 1200%. But I need it
only 12%.

I am usually works with comparison with percentages. If I apply % symbol to
any no. It gives
Multiplied by hundred and % symbol..

Plz help me in this problem..

Thanks
Narendra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you enter 12, then apply the Percentage number format, you'll see
1200% because 12 *is* 1200%.

Instead, include the % symbol when entering data: 12%. XL will then
interpret the input as 0.12, and display the percentage as 12%.

To convert entries already made, enter 100 in a blank cell. Copy the
cell. Select the cells to convert, and choose Edit/Paste Special,
selecting the Multiply and Values radio buttons. Click OK.

In article ,
Narendra Boga wrote:

Hi all€¦.

In excel I am have a simple problem with % number format.
If a number assigned to % symbol it is multiplied with 100 and giving %
symbol.
For example if we assign % symbol to 12, it shows 1200%. But I need it
only 12%.

I am usually works with comparison with percentages. If I apply % symbol to
any no. It gives
Multiplied by hundred and % symbol..

Plz help me in this problem..

Thanks
Narendra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have the number 12 in a cell, and format it as a percentage, then
1200% is correct. It will show as 12% if you put in the number as 12% or as
0.12.

If you have a lot of numbers already entered wrongly and you want to divide
them all by 100, enter 100 in a spare cell, copy it, select your range of
cells, and then Edit/ Paste Special/ Divide.
--
David Biddulph

"Narendra Boga" wrote in message
Hi all..

In excel I am have a simple problem with % number format.
If a number assigned to % symbol it is multiplied with 100 and giving %
symbol.
For example if we assign % symbol to 12, it shows 1200%. But I need it
only 12%.

I am usually works with comparison with percentages. If I apply % symbol
any no. It gives
Multiplied by hundred and % symbol..

Plz help me in this problem..

Thanks
Narendra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yup, was mentally going the other way. Thanks for the correction...