Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What happened to "Change Case"?

Where is the "Change Case" menu item? Did Microsoft actually remove a useful
feature across version updates, or am I just paranoid?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's not an Excel feature. It is in Word, but not Excel unless it is by
way of add-in or code

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Deinekes" wrote in message
Where is the "Change Case" menu item? Did Microsoft actually remove a
useful
feature across version updates, or am I just paranoid?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paranoid, there has never been a change case menu item in Excel, if you had
it in an earlier version it must have been a 3rd party add-in like ASAP
utilities etc.

Peo Sjoblom

"Deinekes" wrote in message
Where is the "Change Case" menu item? Did Microsoft actually remove a
useful
feature across version updates, or am I just paranoid?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or function of course for lower. Proper and UPPER case

=UPPER(A1)
=LOWER(A1)
=PROPER(A1)

But they're still there right up to 2007

--

"Deinekes" wrote in message
Where is the "Change Case" menu item? Did Microsoft actually remove a
useful
feature across version updates, or am I just paranoid?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the answer, folks! You were right: paranoia. I checked it out
myself, as well. Word 2003 -- yes, Excel 2003 -- no. The fact that I use
OpenOffice as well -- and it IS a Format menu item there -- explains the
source of my confusion. Looks like I need to stop comparing Excel to free
software. :-)

Thanks again for the quick response.

"Deinekes" wrote:

Where is the "Change Case" menu item? Did Microsoft actually remove a useful
feature across version updates, or am I just paranoid?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this macro:
Sub Change_Case()
Dim ocell As Range
Dim Ans As String
Ans = Application.InputBox("Type in Letter" & vbCr & _
"(L)owercase, (U)ppercase, (S)entence, (T)itles ")
If Ans = "" Then Exit Sub
For Each ocell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2)
Select Case UCase(Ans)
Case "L": ocell = LCase(ocell.Text)
Case "U": ocell = UCase(ocell.Text)
Case "S": ocell = UCase(Left(ocell.Text, 1)) & _
LCase(Right(ocell.Text, Len(ocell.Text) - 1))
Case "T": ocell = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(ocell.Text)
End Select
Next

"Deinekes" wrote:

Where is the "Change Case" menu item? Did Microsoft actually remove a useful
feature across version updates, or am I just paranoid?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

great macro! saved me alot of time...
might i suggest wrapping the select case with "If ocell < "" Then", "elseif"
so that you can sellect a range that includes empty cells...