Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WCM WCM is offline

Default Insert Row between items in list ...

Hi ...

I have an Excel sheet with 5,000 names in one column. Is there any fast way
to insert a row after every name so the names appear on every other row (i.e,
list will then occupy 10,000 rows, one empty row after each name)?

I can do this with a macro, but wanted to make sure there wasn't a simple
function or other Excel feature that is designed to do this.

Thanks for your help ...

bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

bill,
Use a blank adjacent column.
Fill in sequential numbers using 1 thru 5000 in the column.
Fill in another sequential list of 5000 numbers directly below (in the same column)
using... 1.1, 2.1 thru 5000.1.
Select the data and the new column then sort using the new column as the sort column.
Clear the numbered column.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"WCM"
wrote in message
Hi ...
I have an Excel sheet with 5,000 names in one column. Is there any fast way
to insert a row after every name so the names appear on every other row (i.e,
list will then occupy 10,000 rows, one empty row after each name)?

I can do this with a macro, but wanted to make sure there wasn't a simple
function or other Excel feature that is designed to do this.

Thanks for your help ...
bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WCM WCM is offline

Hi Jim,

Very creative! Perfect, simple solution. Thank you...!

b.