Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cells Won't Colour Format

I have just installed Office 2003 on a new PC when the user tries to colour
the cells in Excel nothing happens the cells stay at default.

We have re-installed, un-installed & installed again but nothing seems to be
working and its the only PC out of 50 that has this problem. What am I
missing?

Does anyone have any idea how, what is happening and how to fix it?

Tia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Has someone applied conditional formatting to the cells? If so, it will
override regular background formatting. Click Format, Conditional
Formatting to check.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"Jonathan" wrote in message
I have just installed Office 2003 on a new PC when the user tries to colour
the cells in Excel nothing happens the cells stay at default.

We have re-installed, un-installed & installed again but nothing seems to
be
working and its the only PC out of 50 that has this problem. What am I
missing?

Does anyone have any idea how, what is happening and how to fix it?

Tia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If all workbooks and worksheets, perhaps this fix...............

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 May 2007 05:41:01 -0700, Jonathan
wrote:

I have just installed Office 2003 on a new PC when the user tries to colour
the cells in Excel nothing happens the cells stay at default.

We have re-installed, un-installed & installed again but nothing seems to be
working and its the only PC out of 50 that has this problem. What am I
missing?

Does anyone have any idea how, what is happening and how to fix it?

Tia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,

Thanks for this I was already there and it has fixed it, it was a disibility
setting specifi to the user anyone else who logged on didn't have the same
problem.

Thank you both for your help.