Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VBA Access lost after 2007 file format compatibility pack installe

Since installing Office 2007 file format compatibility pack, I seem to have
lost access to VBA libraries. For example, I get error message "An error
occurred initializing the VBA Libaries (1004)" when starting Excel. I can't
find a way to uninstall the compatibility pack, or reinstate the libraries.
The technique described in the help, using add/remove programs doesn't work,
since there is no entry for Office 2003 or for Excel. Similarly, Palm
TinySheet software generates a message "COle Exception on write to Excel ...
SCODE 800a03ec".

--
chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chuck

Run detect and repair from Help in Excel?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"roanokesys" wrote in message
Since installing Office 2007 file format compatibility pack, I seem to
have
lost access to VBA libraries. For example, I get error message "An error
occurred initializing the VBA Libaries (1004)" when starting Excel. I
can't
find a way to uninstall the compatibility pack, or reinstate the
libraries.
The technique described in the help, using add/remove programs doesn't
work,
since there is no entry for Office 2003 or for Excel. Similarly, Palm
TinySheet software generates a message "COle Exception on write to Excel
SCODE 800a03ec".

--
chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VBA Access lost after 2007 file format compatibility pack inst

I tried that. Got a message saying Excel isn't installed, so detect/repair
can't run. Probably due to the OEM install process for Office not using
add/remove programs.

--
chuck