Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LT LT is offline

Default Excel Formula Calculation to add some cells

I am looking for a formula that does the following: The word Area is listed
in some cells in the "A" column with the actual area number listed in the "C"
cell. I want to tell the speadsheet that if the "A" column contains the word
area, then add the "C" column of that row. Any suggestions?