-   -   Excel Formula Calculation to add some cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143731-excel-formula-calculation-add-some-cells.html)

LT

Excel Formula Calculation to add some cells

I am looking for a formula that does the following: The word Area is listed
in some cells in the "A" column with the actual area number listed in the "C"
cell. I want to tell the speadsheet that if the "A" column contains the word
area, then add the "C" column of that row. Any suggestions?

RagDyeR

Excel Formula Calculation to add some cells

Try this:

=Sumif(A:A,"Area",C:C)

--
HTH,