Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Shared workbook and Macro commands

I have a shared workbook and have written macro commands in it to select
specific data. The macro commands do not work at all. Can somebody help me?

Is it possible to execute macro commands in a shared workbook or is there a
way to do it?
Thanks,
Danie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the macro was written after you shared the workbook then my understanding
is that your stuck. have a look he-

http://www.exceladvisor.net/sub/6_shared.htm

Mike

"Danie" wrote:

I have a shared workbook and have written macro commands in it to select
specific data. The macro commands do not work at all. Can somebody help me?

Is it possible to execute macro commands in a shared workbook or is there a
way to do it?
Thanks,
Danie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Danie,

Is it possible to execute macro commands in a shared workbook or is there a
way to do it?

Yes it is, although some things ar eblocked on a shared WB.

BUT. I would advise against saring a workbook, Excel wasn't built as a
multi-user application. You risk loss of data and corruption of your file!

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't edit a macro in a shared workbook. But you can run them.

Maybe the macro tries to do something that isn't supported in shared
workbooks???

Or maybe the user didn't allow macros to run (a security setting too high)???

--

Dave Peterson