Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Future date Calculation

My one cell have today date with formula =Today() and i want total remaining
day in Numbers from any given future date. Exp. I put in one cell 30/5/2007
other cell have 31/12/2007 and the result should be show in numbers how many
remaining day from today to till last day of give future date.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If i understand correctly:-

A1 = Today()
B1= 30/5/2007
c1= 31/12/2007

Put this formula in D1 and format as general

=MAX(B1,C1)-A1

Mike

"Qazi Ahmad" wrote:

My one cell have today date with formula =Today() and i want total remaining
day in Numbers from any given future date. Exp. I put in one cell 30/5/2007
other cell have 31/12/2007 and the result should be show in numbers how many
remaining day from today to till last day of give future date.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=B1-A1 and format as General, not as Date, which Excel does automatically.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Qazi Ahmad" wrote in message ...
| My one cell have today date with formula =Today() and i want total remaining
| day in Numbers from any given future date. Exp. I put in one cell 30/5/2007
| other cell have 31/12/2007 and the result should be show in numbers how many
| remaining day from today to till last day of give future date.
| Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

t= datedif(first_date,Second Date,"d")
datedif() is not described in Help
or
just subtract the cells with the dates
excel increments its dates record by 1 per day.
if you need workdays only
try
=networkdays(first date,second date)
you need to have the analysis toolpack add-in for this one

"Qazi Ahmad" wrote:

My one cell have today date with formula =Today() and i want total remaining
day in Numbers from any given future date. Exp. I put in one cell 30/5/2007
other cell have 31/12/2007 and the result should be show in numbers how many
remaining day from today to till last day of give future date.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have 30/5/2007 in A2, and 31/12/2007 in A3, then the number of days
from today until the later of those two dates
=MAX(A2,A3)-TODAY()
and format as number or general.
--
David Biddulph

"Qazi Ahmad" wrote in message
My one cell have today date with formula =Today() and i want total
remaining
day in Numbers from any given future date. Exp. I put in one cell
30/5/2007
other cell have 31/12/2007 and the result should be show in numbers how
many
remaining day from today to till last day of give future date.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank your Mr. Niek to help me it solve my Prblem very simple and helpful
Answer
Thank you very much