Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In Exel how can I select and sum the top two values in a column?

I am trying to develop a simple Stableford scoring worksheet for a men's golf
league. I need to select the top two scores for each round to track the team
scores.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If F2 contains the score and G2 contains par for that hole, then
=IF(F2=0,0,MAX(G2-F2+2,0)) will give a Stableford score as per:

score par stableford
0 5 0
9 5 0
8 5 0
7 5 0
6 5 1
5 5 2
4 5 3
3 5 4
2 5 5
1 5 6

Once the scores have been calculated, use RANK or LARGE to get the two best
scores.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200723

"HLCA" wrote:

I am trying to develop a simple Stableford scoring worksheet for a men's golf
league. I need to select the top two scores for each round to track the team
scores.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

large(a1:a10,1)
large(a1:a10,2)