-   -   In Exel how can I select and sum the top two values in a column? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143424-exel-how-can-i-select-sum-top-two-values-column.html)

HLCA

In Exel how can I select and sum the top two values in a column?

I am trying to develop a simple Stableford scoring worksheet for a men's golf
league. I need to select the top two scores for each round to track the team
scores.

excelent

In Exel how can I select and sum the top two values in a column?

large(a1:a10,1)
large(a1:a10,2)

"HLCA" skrev:

I am trying to develop a simple Stableford scoring worksheet for a men's golf
league. I need to select the top two scores for each round to track the team
scores.

Gary''s Student

In Exel how can I select and sum the top two values in a column?

If F2 contains the score and G2 contains par for that hole, then
=IF(F2=0,0,MAX(G2-F2+2,0)) will give a Stableford score as per:

score par stableford
0 5 0
9 5 0
8 5 0
7 5 0
6 5 1
5 5 2
4 5 3
3 5 4
2 5 5
1 5 6

Once the scores have been calculated, use RANK or LARGE to get the two best
scores.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200723