Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filters hiding Chart

I have a chart positioned next to a data area; the data is used in the chart.
When I use the filters on the data, the rows that go away take the chart away.

Is there a setting to make the chart "float" above the worksheet, and not be
affected by the rows that are hidden by the filters?

I know I could move the chart.... but I would like to have it beside the data.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can copy the chart as picture (select the chart, hold down shift and
click edit and select copy as picture or use the camera tool), then position
the picture copy where you want it, then right click it and select format
picture, then click the properties tab and select don't move or size with
cells

Peo Sjoblom

"billinr" wrote in message
I have a chart positioned next to a data area; the data is used in the
chart.
When I use the filters on the data, the rows that go away take the chart
away.

Is there a setting to make the chart "float" above the worksheet, and not
be
affected by the rows that are hidden by the filters?

I know I could move the chart.... but I would like to have it beside the
data.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the suggestion. That solves the problem of the chart going away,
but now it no longer has the ability to reflect the filtered data. It becomes
static - I would still like to have the dynamic functionality.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

"billinr" wrote in message
I have a chart positioned next to a data area; the data is used in the
chart.
When I use the filters on the data, the rows that go away take the chart
away.

Is there a setting to make the chart "float" above the worksheet, and not
be
affected by the rows that are hidden by the filters?

I know I could move the chart.... but I would like to have it beside the
data.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Just use Peo's suggestion about Don't move and Size on the actual chart
object.
Double click the chart area and use the setting on the Properties tab.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel