Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unhiding columns

This sounds basic but I am stuck.

It used to be so easy in Office XP to unhide columns - Just select across
and click unhide.

In Excel 2007 when I select across the hidden columns , the unhide button
remains 'grey' (inactive). How do I unhide? - I am however able to manually
drag the column header and increase the column width of the hidden columns,
but would like a more direct way

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

I don't use XL2007, but the trouble might be that the sheet might be Protected.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Anuj" wrote:

This sounds basic but I am stuck.

It used to be so easy in Office XP to unhide columns - Just select across
and click unhide.

In Excel 2007 when I select across the hidden columns , the unhide button
remains 'grey' (inactive). How do I unhide? - I am however able to manually
drag the column header and increase the column width of the hidden columns,
but would like a more direct way

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Try Format Columns Unhide...............or maybe the column is not hidden
at all but only set to a very narrow column width........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Anuj" wrote:

This sounds basic but I am stuck.

It used to be so easy in Office XP to unhide columns - Just select across
and click unhide.

In Excel 2007 when I select across the hidden columns , the unhide button
remains 'grey' (inactive). How do I unhide? - I am however able to manually
drag the column header and increase the column width of the hidden columns,
but would like a more direct way

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Hiding and Unhiding columns can be achieved in the same way as XL2003.
Mark the range of columnsright clickHide
Mark the columns either side of the hidden columnsright clickUnhide

If you want to go the route of FormatcolumnsUnhide, then in XL2007
Home tabCells groupFormatHide & Unhidechoose Rows or Columns

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Anuj" wrote in message
This sounds basic but I am stuck.

It used to be so easy in Office XP to unhide columns - Just select
across
and click unhide.

In Excel 2007 when I select across the hidden columns , the unhide
button
remains 'grey' (inactive). How do I unhide? - I am however able to
manually
drag the column header and increase the column width of the hidden
columns,
but would like a more direct way

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks once again Roger ...

.... Gosh ! that was stupid of me ....

I was looking under the View tab .. which has Hide and Unhide .. But I now
realize that this is for the entire workbook. Guess one will take some more
time to get familiar with XL2007 totally.

Incidentally the contextual right click after selecting multiple columns in
XL2007 does not seem to have Hide/Unhide option (XL 2003 had that).

Happy days are here again

Cheers

Anuj

"Anuj" wrote in message
This sounds basic but I am stuck.

It used to be so easy in Office XP to unhide columns - Just select
across
and click unhide.

In Excel 2007 when I select across the hidden columns , the unhide
button
remains 'grey' (inactive). How do I unhide? - I am however able to
manually
drag the column header and increase the column width of the hidden
columns,
but would like a more direct way

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Incidentally the contextual right click after selecting multiple
columns in
XL2007 does not seem to have Hide/Unhide option (XL 2003 had that).

Are you sure?
It does for me. They are the last 2 items in the list Hide and Unhide
--
Regards

Roger Govier