Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anuj Anuj is offline

Default Unhiding columns

Thanks once again Roger ...

.... Gosh ! that was stupid of me ....

I was looking under the View tab .. which has Hide and Unhide .. But I now
realize that this is for the entire workbook. Guess one will take some more
time to get familiar with XL2007 totally.

Incidentally the contextual right click after selecting multiple columns in
XL2007 does not seem to have Hide/Unhide option (XL 2003 had that).

Happy days are here again

Cheers

Anuj

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Hiding and Unhiding columns can be achieved in the same way as XL2003.
Mark the range of columnsright clickHide
Mark the columns either side of the hidden columnsright clickUnhide

If you want to go the route of FormatcolumnsUnhide, then in XL2007
Home tabCells groupFormatHide & Unhidechoose Rows or Columns

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Anuj" wrote in message
This sounds basic but I am stuck.

It used to be so easy in Office XP to unhide columns - Just select
across
and click unhide.

In Excel 2007 when I select across the hidden columns , the unhide
button
remains 'grey' (inactive). How do I unhide? - I am however able to
manually
drag the column header and increase the column width of the hidden
columns,
but would like a more direct way