Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delete Data Form

I am using Excel 2003 and set up a data entry form on my spreadsheet. I hate
it. How do I erase the data form from the spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How did you build the data entry form?

Right-click on it and EditClear

Try CTRL + a(twice in 2003) and EditClear All

Alternative...............Right-click on the sheet tab and "Delete Sheet".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 May 2007 09:05:01 -0700, Paddler
wrote:

I am using Excel 2003 and set up a data entry form on my spreadsheet. I hate
it. How do I erase the data form from the spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:

I am using Excel 2003 and set up a data entry form on my spreadsheet. I hate
it. How do I erase the data form from the spreadsheet?

Thanks it worked -Edit-clear-all and I only had to rebuild the title row and first row of data. I built the form by highlighting the title and first data rows and then going to Data - Form.

This is an annual database with probably 75 to 100 entries (typed data input
in 5 columns). I liked the idea of an automatically expanding database to
whatever size might be required. However, I didn't like the fact that every
field on the database was converted to a dropdown search box. This would
have been too confusing to the forms users and could have resulted in
constant problem calls from them. The form seemed to foul up my sort macros.
even though I used the 'database' range name for it and tried to select the
correct range for the sort function. My first field was a dropdown box but I
couldn't get it to work when the datasheet was in form view. Some of the
users would have tried to enter data on the datasheet view and might not have
used the * row. Overall, there just seemed to be too many possibilities for
the users of the form to mess it up and need to call for help.