Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Possible??

In one column, I have numbers with two decimal points, i.e. 55.42. In the
next column I need to take the decimal point out and add to zeros like this
"005542". Anyone know if there is a function that would do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want text:

B1: =TEXT(A1*100,"000000")

If you want numbers:

B1: =A1*100

and use a Custom Format: 000000

In article ,
snickers22 wrote:

In one column, I have numbers with two decimal points, i.e. 55.42. In the
next column I need to take the decimal point out and add to zeros like this
"005542". Anyone know if there is a function that would do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

="00"&INT(A1)&INT((A1-INT(A1))*100)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"snickers22" wrote:

In one column, I have numbers with two decimal points, i.e. 55.42. In the
next column I need to take the decimal point out and add to zeros like this
"005542". Anyone know if there is a function that would do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1*100 then:
<Format<Cells
Click on "Custom"
Enter: 000000

However, doing it using the above way will not actually have the 2 prefixed
zero's in the cell, it will just look that way because of the format. To
physically have the 2 prefixed zero's in the cell use:

=TEXT(A1*100,"000000")

or, If the numbers are always 2 digits, then a decimal point, then 2 digits:
="00"&left(A1,2)&right(A1,2)

Dave