Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Billigmeier David Billigmeier is offline

Default Possible??

=A1*100 then:
<Format<Cells
Click on "Custom"
Enter: 000000

However, doing it using the above way will not actually have the 2 prefixed
zero's in the cell, it will just look that way because of the format. To
physically have the 2 prefixed zero's in the cell use:

=TEXT(A1*100,"000000")

or, If the numbers are always 2 digits, then a decimal point, then 2 digits:
="00"&left(A1,2)&right(A1,2)

Dave

"snickers22" wrote:

In one column, I have numbers with two decimal points, i.e. 55.42. In the
next column I need to take the decimal point out and add to zeros like this
"005542". Anyone know if there is a function that would do this?