Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default Can you make excell automaticaly save to the current date & time?

I have a excell program that I developed for a sales recept but I need it to
automatically save under an individual number, date & time ect. If anyone
knows how to do this in excell 2003 I would gratly appreciate some help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

This can be done using a VBA Macro, but the macro needs to know where to
obtain the "number" or how to calculate it......and the programmer needs to
know how the macro is to be activated.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jim" wrote:

I have a excell program that I developed for a sales recept but I need it to
automatically save under an individual number, date & time ect. If anyone
knows how to do this in excell 2003 I would gratly appreciate some help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Jim is offline

Default Can you make excell automaticaly save to the current date & ti

I have never worked with VBA Macros and I am lost there. I have a date block
and time equation that changes as data is imputed and that is what I want it
to save as. I have never done anything in macro, so could you explain more or
email me some information at . Thanks
Jim

"Jim" wrote:

I have a excell program that I developed for a sales recept but I need it to
automatically save under an individual number, date & time ect. If anyone
knows how to do this in excell 2003 I would gratly appreciate some help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Post back with the other words/numbers and/or Cell Address(s) that contain
the data you wish to be used as the SaveAsFilename......with a sample of
those values. Also state how or why you would like the macro to trigger,
such as "pushing a button", or anytime the value in one of those cells
changes, or anytime the sheet recalculates, or what? Someone will respond
with an appropriate macro.

In the meantime, here's a place you could check for some VBA tutorials
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/index.html#usingvba

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3