Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find gaps or breaks in a large column

I have a very large column and I need to find out where the breaks or gaps
are. Example on the below column #1793675 and 1793682 are not listed. Can you
please advise a formula to check them?
1793672
1793673
1793674
1793676
1793677
1793678
1793679
1793680
1793681
1793683

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In B1 enter:
=IF(A2=A1+1,"","XXX")
and copy down

Non-blanks are where the gaps are.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200722
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way. In the second to top row of data click format|conditional
format|cell value is|greater than|=$A1+1 and then select a colour (say red)
and click OK.

Click on the format painter and paint this format into all your range of
cells and where there are gaps it will turn red.

Mike

"Compare Values" wrote:

I have a very large column and I need to find out where the breaks or gaps
are. Example on the below column #1793675 and 1793682 are not listed. Can you
please advise a formula to check them?
1793672
1793673
1793674